الخميس، ١ نوفمبر ٢٠١٢

(Shattered Glass (by Baher Mohamed Mostafa

“I wonder what Alexandria is going to be like”, Sherif Wahid thought to himself as he gazed through the window of the first class car of the train taking him from Cairo to his hometown. “It’s been ten years since I last saw the streets of my hometown. I never thought I’d be back. Were it not for Mama’s pleas that sent tears running down my cheeks thousands of miles away in the US, I would have never come back. But she was too sick to come visit me. She’s probably dying and this could be our last time together. She had never wanted me to emigrate and she’s probably never forgiven me. But I had to leave. I just had to flee this open air prison to preserve my sanity and humanity. Even for a doctor like me, life in this giant elephant graveyard was impossible.” Full story

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق